Heading out to the State Fair in Grand Island on Sunday, Sep. 3? Join us for UNL REDOUT Day, wear your red, and come over to the hospitality loft of the Five Points Bank Arena from 1-3 p.m., for a CASNR Ice Cream Social and stay for a pep rally at 4 p.m., at the Family Fun Zone Stage.
The event is hosted by the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR), College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR), and the CASNR Alumni Association.
The first annual open house at the University of Nebraska Eastern Nebraska Research and Extension Center (ENREC) near Mead – formerly the Agricultural Research and Development Center – is planned for June 29. The event is co-hosted by Nebraska State Senator Bruce Bostelman and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Come see how ENREC is making a difference. The event is for both rural and urban audiences – see firsthand what we are doing at ENREC and why it matters. Learn about the latest research, technology, and education involved in bringing safe, nutritious food to the table while protecting the environment.
Here are a few quick details about the event:
- The ENREC Open House runs from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- If you can’t make it for the full program, please plan on attending part of it
- The event is co-hosted by District 23 Nebraska Senator Bruce Bostelman
- Commodity groups will have exhibits and there is a meet and greet time from 10 – 10:50
- Mike Boehm, Harlan Vice Chancellor of the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, will present “Driving Nebraska’s Economic Vitality” at 11:00
- Nebraska Extension Agricultural Climatologist Al Dutcher will present “The Ag Climate – Temperatures, Trends, & Outlooks” at 11:20
- Complimentary lunch and Dairy Store ice cream served (Please RSVP by June 23)
- A virtual tour of the swine research and facilities will be shown following lunch
- Afternoon tours start at 1:00 and transportation will be provided
- Tour stops include live demonstration of drones, hail machine, the latest technology to study individual plants (phenotyping) in the field. Guests will also learn about Carbon Farming (e.g. carbon sequestration), the latest in beef cow research and teaching and the crop management demonstration / education plots
Help us plan for lunch & tour transportation – RSVP no later than Friday, June 23 at 5 p.m. Registration, flyer and detailed information are at: http://enrec.unl.edu.
Time is running out to register for the Summer NACEB Meeting in Ord, NE! You can register online at http://summer-naceb.eventbrite.com and pay by credit card, check or invoice.
You can check out the detailed agenda at http://bit.ly/2p7CMKv. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
May 2017 NACEB Newsletter is now available here.
Some Topics of interest:
- Message from President, Wes Daberkow
- Message from NACEB Advisor, Dave Varner
- 2017 NACEB Summer Meeting Agenda and Registration information, deadline June 3, 2017
- 2017 PILD Conference Report
- 2017-2018 Important Dates
We encourage Extension Board members to attend the NACEB Summer Meeting, Friday and Saturday, June 23-24, 2017 in Ord, Nebraska. Click here to Register.
The summer NACEB meeting is rapidly approaching with registration due by June 3! This year you may register online at http://summer-naceb.eventbrite.com and pay by credit card, check or invoice. Check out the detailed agenda at: http://bit.ly/2p7CMKv Join us for the great program, conversation and tours!
Greetings and welcome to the Nebraska Association of County Extension Boards’ (NACEB) new blog site! This venue offers yet another means for robust communication and idea sharing among Extension Board members, NACEB Directors and Extension Unit Leaders. Subscribe today and contribute to the conversation!